HCQF Strut

Submissions for tune chords and licks

Moderators: Zoot, Teddy Dupont

HCQF Strut

Postby Gypsyjazzer » Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:34 am

Hi,

Anyone out there know of a chord chart, and/or transcription of "HCQF Strut"?

Gypsyjazzer
Gypsyjazzer
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 3:46 pm
Location: Brewood

Postby nwilkins » Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:34 pm

HCQ Strut is a pretty simple ii-V-I in G:

A7 D7 | G | A7 D7 | G | A7 D7 | G E7 | A7 D7 | G |
A7 D7 | G | A7 D7 | G | A7 D7 | G E7 | A7 D7 | G G#dim|
C | C# dim | G | G7 | C | C#dim | G | D7 |
A7 D7 | G | A7 D7 | G | A7 D7 | G E7 | A7 D7 | G |
User avatar
nwilkins
 
Posts: 1440
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 2:02 am

Postby justjack » Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:19 pm

You'll also find a powertab file right here on the site:
http://www.hotclub.co.uk/ptab/hcq_strut.ptb

Best,
Jack.
User avatar
justjack
Mad For It
 
Posts: 1855
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 10:40 pm
Location: Western Mass

HCQF Strut

Postby Gypsyjazzer » Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:11 pm

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies, and the hard work in typing out the sequence.

I did look in the tunes section on the site, but obviously missed the complete Powertab files.

Cheers,
Gypsyjazzer
Gypsyjazzer
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 3:46 pm
Location: Brewood

Postby RICK-D15 » Wed May 18, 2005 4:10 am

I play the intro to this one like this:

XX5677

XX4555

XX5450

harmonics XXXX(5 5)

X X 5 6 7 7

X X 4 5 5 5

X X 5 4 5 0

harmonics XXXX(12 12)

X X 5 6 7 7

X X 4 5 5 5

X X 9 10 10 10

X X 6 7 7 7

RIFF: string/fret: 5/1 5/3 4/2 3/0 3/3 2/2 1/2 1/0 2/3 ( D7!!!)


The (A7 / D7 / G) chord structure I'm playing like this:

A7 = X456XX

D7 = X345XX

G = 7X57XX

All the other chords previously listed seem standard.

Hope this helps,

Rick
"It's all one big note" - Frank Zappa
RICK-D15
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 4:02 pm

HCQ Strut intro

Postby Gypsyjazzer » Wed May 18, 2005 9:41 am

Cheers Rick,

I haven't had chance to try the intro you've transcribed yet, but it looks really interesting.

Thanks for the contribution.

Stu
Gypsyjazzer
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 3:46 pm
Location: Brewood

Postby nwilkins » Wed May 18, 2005 1:56 pm

The intro as played by Django is this:

xx5657
xx4555
xxxxx7
xx0000
Harmonics 5th fret

xx5657
xx4555
xxxxx7
xx0000
Harmonics 12th fret

xx5657
xx4555
xxxxx7
xx9 10 10 10
xx6777

as for the rhythm chords, if you want to go for a hotclub (ie Joseph R)sound, try

5x565x
55453x
35543x

if you want to go with the type of thing Django would have played (and thus the kind of thing that many current gypsies would play) you could try for example:

x4545x
55455x
355455
User avatar
nwilkins
 
Posts: 1440
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 2:02 am

Postby RICK-D15 » Wed May 18, 2005 2:10 pm

Thanks, nwilkins, I'll give those a try. What I came up with was just by ear.
"It's all one big note" - Frank Zappa
RICK-D15
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 4:02 pm

Postby emicad » Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:15 am

I'm curious to listen some opinions about how you improvise in the A section, some ideas?
User avatar
emicad
 
Posts: 803
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:56 am
Location: Rome - Italy

Postby Ganondorf » Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:59 pm

I got a belter...............totally original,hardly anybody does it.....................start on the lowest note on your 6th string 'e' then move to the next,then frantically tear all the way up the fretboardboard chromatically until you reach the top and hey presto,problem solved!!! :D.
And in some cases you can even go BEYOND the fretboard and end up some where past the bridge :shock:
User avatar
Ganondorf
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:02 pm

Postby emicad » Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:58 am

Ganondorf wrote:I got a belter...............totally original,hardly anybody does it.....................start on the lowest note on your 6th string 'e' then move to the next,then frantically tear all the way up the fretboardboard chromatically until you reach the top and hey presto,problem solved!!! :D.
And in some cases you can even go BEYOND the fretboard and end up some where past the bridge :shock:

:evil:
User avatar
emicad
 
Posts: 803
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:56 am
Location: Rome - Italy

Postby emicad » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:08 am

nwilkins wrote:If you want to go with the type of thing Django would have played (and thus the kind of thing that many current gypsies would play) you could try for example:

x4545x
55455x
355455

What about the chromatic bass by Django? You can hear it perfectly also in Lollo Meier version. The first chord is probably the first you've wrote
x4545x
The last chord is a Gmaj7/B
7x5777
I can't find the second chord position with C on bass, I only know it must to be a D7.
So the bass sequence is:
Db - C - B (repeated)
I've seen on this post the same thing suggested by RICK-D15 but it doesn't seeems to sound good for my ear...
Any idea?
Hey Rick, why don't you make a tab for that phrase you've wrote? I can't understand nothing that way... :roll:
User avatar
emicad
 
Posts: 803
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:56 am
Location: Rome - Italy

Postby emicad » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:33 am

emicad wrote:
nwilkins wrote:If you want to go with the type of thing Django would have played (and thus the kind of thing that many current gypsies would play) you could try for example:

x4545x
55455x
355455

What about the chromatic bass by Django? You can hear it perfectly also in Lollo Meier version. The first chord is probably the first you've wrote
x4545x
The last chord is a Gmaj7/B
7x5777
I can't find the second chord position with C on bass, I only know it must to be a D7.
So the bass sequence is:
Db - C - B (repeated)
I've seen on this post the same thing suggested by RICK-D15 but it doesn't seeems to sound good for my ear...
Any idea?
Hey Rick, why don't you make a tab for that phrase you've wrote? I can't understand nothing that way... :roll:

No replies?
Noone can help me?
Anyway...I've done a grille for this song, you can find it in my website
http://emicad.altervista.org/
Bye
User avatar
emicad
 
Posts: 803
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:56 am
Location: Rome - Italy

Postby Thrip » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:06 pm

maybe this?:

9x798x
8x788x
7x577x

9x798x
8x788x
7x577x

9x798x
8x788x
7x577x
7x677x
5x565x
55455x
35545x
User avatar
Thrip
 
Posts: 923
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 12:45 pm
Location: West London

Postby emicad » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:21 pm

Thrip wrote:maybe this?:

9x798x
8x788x
7x577x

9x798x
8x788x
7x577x

9x798x
8x788x
7x577x
7x677x
5x565x
55455x
35545x

Yes, the first part probably was played in triads and I must to check the second part but it sound the same, thanks a lot.
User avatar
emicad
 
Posts: 803
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:56 am
Location: Rome - Italy

Next

Return to Tunes

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron