request: improvisation #1

Submissions for tune chords and licks

Moderators: Zoot, Teddy Dupont

request: improvisation #1

Postby djangoninja » Sat May 06, 2006 5:37 am

i just found this site today, and I am very impressed with the wealth of information here.

I was wondering if anyone had a different version of Django's Improvistion #1 music. there is a powertab posted on this site, and I was hoping someone might have a version closer to the version Stochelo played. for example, the one on this site has a much different first 2 bars than most versions. there are many other differences as well, and i was hoping there might be other versions out there.

Thanks!
djangoninja

Postby djangoninja » Thu May 11, 2006 10:36 pm

a friend mentioned to me that he had seen another version before, so I know they exist. any help in getting a copy would be appreciated. thanks!
djangoninja

Postby texasrockabillyrebel » Fri May 12, 2006 8:34 am

You may want to try Michael Horowitz's book Unaccompanied Django at www.DjangoBooks.com. It's expensive but it's more than worth it. IMO it's the best learning tool available and it has a near flawless Improv. 1 transcription. The ptab file on this site isn't too bad though, the notes in the first two measures are the same but just played in a different cadence. And I think Stochelo played this piece the same way Django did, thats how I remember it anyway.

Travis
If you don't swallow it's going in your eye.
texasrockabillyrebel

Return to Tunes