Swing for Ninine

Submissions for tune chords and licks

Moderators: Zoot, Teddy Dupont

Swing for Ninine

Postby justjack » Sun Sep 14, 2003 11:04 pm

Does anyone know where I can find a standard (i.e., melody and chords) chart for this tune? I've got the tabbed one from gadjodrom, but would rather the other. (Or a Powertab version, where I could just print out the standard?) Thanks.
justjack
Mad For It

swing for ninine

Postby benbows protege » Mon Sep 15, 2003 8:56 am

:D justjack I have a copy in "L'Espirit Manouche." Send me a p.m with your e-mail adress and i will scan and send you a copy.
benbows protege

Re: Swing for Ninine

Postby TedGottsegen » Mon Sep 15, 2003 6:33 pm

justjack wrote:Does anyone know where I can find a standard (i.e., melody and chords) chart for this tune? I've got the tabbed one from gadjodrom, but would rather the other. (Or a Powertab version, where I could just print out the standard?) Thanks.

You should be able to find it in the book by Romane and Derek Sebastion called "The Gypsy Sound" which was made to accompany the video and CD "Swing in Nashville. Since it's a Mel Bay product, you could find it just about anywhere or order it here -

http://www.melbay.com/product.asp?productid=95252VX

Best,

Ted
TedGottsegen

Postby justjack » Mon Sep 15, 2003 9:52 pm

Thanks, you two. And Zoot, any idea when L'Esprit Manouche will be available again in the Shop?
justjack
Mad For It

Romane mp3s

Postby Tak » Thu Sep 18, 2003 10:36 pm

:roll:

Hello all,
Does anyone have any suggestions for favourite Romance cds to find , I have his L'Esprit Manouche and its a great book (mind you I dont speak french)
, I would love to hear the compositions in mps format or audio instead of midi,
is there anysites with mp3s ,
happy playing Tak
Tak

Postby djangology » Thu Sep 18, 2003 10:57 pm

dont forget that the CD that comes with the Espirite Manouche book also can be played in a CD player and has music tracks on it in addition to the MIDI files you see when you put in in the computer...
djangology

Re: Romane mp3s

Postby TedGottsegen » Thu Sep 18, 2003 10:59 pm

Tak wrote:[i] :roll:

Hello all,
Does anyone have any suggestions for favourite Romance cds to find

I love his latest CD, "Acoustic Quartet", as well as "Swing in Nashville", "Ombre" and the CD he did with Stochelo Rosenberg. Everything else is basically just rehash.

Best,

Ted
TedGottsegen

Postby justjack » Fri Sep 19, 2003 5:57 am

Ted, you've got to look closer-Tak's looking for Romance discs. I was thinking Gleason's Music to Make You Misty.
(And Tak, if you're looking for something to go with the book, I'd stay away from the one with the Manoukian orchestra. Some of those tunes would make a great sixties spy movie soundtrack, though.)
justjack
Mad For It

Romane not romance cds

Postby Tak » Fri Sep 19, 2003 1:43 pm

:shock:

Whoops Teds was right , I am after some Romane cds , Not romance cds, oh dear !!! i'M LOSING IT,

ah well , Romance would just be fine , if I cant find the cds

Does any one know of a decent Macaferrii (Spelling ?) guitar for an advanced Player, yet something not outlandishly expensive i.e maybe around $700 US,
I would like something that will , last and produces a great sound , if possible , any ideas anyone

cheers
Tak

Return to Tunes