Stochelo & Fapy scene

Submissions for tune chords and licks

Moderators: Zoot, Teddy Dupont

Postby justjack » Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:56 pm

Almost forgot: it was also suggested that the opening chords be played with a descending bass line. (That is, something along the lines of C6 (8th fret), B7 (7th), Gm/Bb (6th), A7+5 (5th).) Hope this helps,

Jack.
justjack
Mad For It

Postby djangology » Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:00 pm

I believe that was the first tune that Angelo Debarre, Serge Camps & Rick Leppenan and Patrick Saussois played at Djangofest on Saturday night...
djangology

Postby TedGottsegen » Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:24 pm

Changes to "Chez Moi" -

Code: Select all
G | % | C#min7 | Gb7 | Amin 7 | D7 | Bmin7 | E7 | Amin7 | D7 |
G | G#dim | Amin7 | D7 | G/G#dim | Amin7/D7 |

G | % | C#min7 | Gb7 | Amin 7 | D7 | Bmin7 | E7 | Amin7 | Cmin |
G | E7 | Amin7 | D7 | G | % ->

Coda: B halfDim | E7 | Amin7 | D7 | G | %

The Rosenberg's recorded this tune a Mach 1 on "Caravan" and I've never tried to learn their version. The clip in the film is too short to determine if they are playing it in the same key, etc, but I believe they are so you'd be ok in learning this arrangement.

In the meantime Jack, go out and purchase Alma Sinti "Alma Sinti" - the first album, which contains this tune.

Best,

Ted
TedGottsegen

Postby justjack » Wed Dec 10, 2003 8:03 pm

Ted,
I hope you realize how much easier you make life for a lot of us. Thanks.
By the way, was that you I spotted in the photomontage after the Djangofest video (playing on a patio or deck, I think)? I'm wondering about the guitar; it looked like it might be a cedar top, maybe? A deep reddish brown, at any rate, and beautiful. Is this yours?

"In the meantime Jack, go out and purchase Alma Sinti "Alma Sinti" - the first album, which contains this tune. "

Yes, sir.

Thanks again,
Jack.
justjack
Mad For It

Postby TedGottsegen » Wed Dec 10, 2003 8:08 pm

Hi Jack,

justjack wrote:By the way, was that you I spotted in the photomontage after the Djangofest video (playing on a patio or deck, I think)? I'm wondering about the guitar; it looked like it might be a cedar top, maybe? A deep reddish brown, at any rate, and beautiful. Is this yours?

Yes, that was me at Djangofest '01. The guitar was mine, I sold it a couple months after that. It was a battered warhorse of a Favino from '78. Yes, the top on that guitar is cedar.

justjack wrote:Yes, sir.

LOL...didn't mean to make it sound like an order, sorry Jack! It's a good album, I'm sure you'll like it.

Best,

Ted
TedGottsegen

Postby justjack » Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:05 am

Not at all-it's just that I've just got the DFNW tape, along with L'Esprit Manouche, and some other assorted things that all fell into my lap, and it's made me realize how far I still have to go. A great feeling, though-I've got something to look forward to!
justjack
Mad For It

Postby Teddy Dupont » Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:48 am

Django and Stochelo start this tune in C. They then progressively move up through the keys (changing each chorus) to D# where they play two choruses.

Interestingly, both Jack and Ted's (when transposed) chords pretty much fit in with most of the solos.
Teddy Dupont

Previous

Return to Tunes