any serious players in London who want to work?

Hands across the water and all that shite

Moderators: Zoot, stublag, TedGottsegen

any serious players in London who want to work?

Postby djangojock » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:16 pm

If you can play rhythm guitar & want some work? Let me know!
djangojock

Re: any serious players in London who want to work?

Postby paynej49 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:19 pm

djangojock wrote:If you can play rhythm guitar & want some work? Let me know!
This is exactly what I am looking for.
I have been looking for a way to get to London for quite some time.
My biological father was from England and I have been writing to the Home Office trying to make arrangements to get there. Having a playing job helps the situation.
I've been studying Django and the Hot Club music for many years and have been using an oval-hole Cigano Gitane as an instrument since last September and am fairly satisfied with it.
Playing rythm guitar in a Django setting is somewhat more attainable than playing the lead(after all, Django is all what it was about) but there rests a responsibility with the back-up rythm playing in itself and I refer to La Pompe!
I'm on the verge of constructing my own Grande Bouche guitar from the plans by Francois Charle which will include the Tornovoz found in the original Selmer models. Right now I am in the middle of making an oval-hole Django style guitar for a friend.
To play in London is something that I have been working towards for a while now. And I definitely would jump at the chance to go to LeQ!!
In summation I feel that I could handle playing rythm for the Hot Club music. I have copies of many of the songs that they played(Jazz Standards) in addition to many of the off-shoot or other tangible pieces of music that they did. Also, I've been devouring the book Unaccompanied Django which is a tremendous help to anyone seeking to boost their playing ability when it comes to Hot Club music. Etc., etc.
I look foreward to reply and perhaps we can discuss things more at length. In the mean time have a look at my guitar teacher Jason Ennis at Jason Ennis.com/guitar on the internet for a reference. He has also played with Tessa Souter (among many others) who, I believe, is also from England. But mostly Jason is into Latin Jazz. It is I who adores Django!!!
So, I'm glad to have this chance to send to you a little bit of information about myself and I am also glad to hear that Django music goes on in London! Jon Dinerstein paynej49@yahoo.com
(Payne is the family name of my biological Father in England).
Tele: 1-413-663-7061 I'm not sure what the international dialing is, but that can easily be found out. (1) is for long distance here in this country (413) is the area code for the state of Massachusettes and (663-7061) is the actual telephone number. Feel free to call anytime!
paynej49

Re: any serious players in London who want to work?

Postby Brett » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:42 pm

djangojock wrote:If you can play rhythm guitar & want some work? Let me know!

What sort of work?
Brett

Postby Caballero » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:34 am

Jockeying?
Caballero
Moderator on Probation

Postby djangojock » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:48 pm

what kind of work? brick laying of course!
djangojock

Postby paynej49 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:32 pm

[qu
ojock"]what kind of work? brick laying of course![/quote]
Djangojock?
paynej49

Return to Coalition Corner