new chord progressions ?

New to the scene? Help is at hand. No question too silly.

Moderator: justjack

new chord progressions ?

Postby barry » Thu May 14, 2009 2:23 pm

I am new to "playing gypsy" jazz, so to speak. The sound file and chord pattern example on this site was incredibly fun and helpful.

Where would I find more chord progressions?

This is too exciting!

Barry :idea:
... the devil hides in the smoke of the fire
barry

Postby Ricardo » Thu May 14, 2009 7:16 pm

Ricardo

Re: new chord progressions ?

Postby Wobblycogs » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:51 pm

If you go to YouTube, search for 'Oriental Shuffle' . (Written by Django and Stephane in 1936)

The guy in the clip plays the full progression right through twice. A nice one this, which also happens to be the same chord sequence for 'I'm Confessin'".

Enjoy

:D
Wobblycogs

Re: new chord progressions ?

Postby jannu » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:49 am

JSP and Mosiac are both great lables, and I know Ted Kendall did the best possible job he could on the JSP remastering. The Mosaic set has better sound--on the 1936-37 sides, I think noticably better sound.

JSP can't be beat for value, of course, and the liner notes are informative and occasionally witty.

Mosaic's booklet is deluxe, IMHO, with a long essay by Mike Peters, and of course some wonderful photos printed on the large-format paper. It's a good bit more expensive, but I'm not sure a better issue exists for the material covered. I broke down and got it even though I owned the JSP, and I'm not sorry (and I'm not wealthy, as far as that goes!)

Good hunting,
We offer best quality pmp certification test papers and test-king ielts exam preparation dumps materials. You can get our 100% guaranteed questions coloradomesa.edu to help you in passing the real exam. flsouthern.edu
jannu

Return to Gypsy Jazz for Rookies