Studying Gypsy Jazz Alone ..What are the best tutorials

New to the scene? Help is at hand. No question too silly.

Moderator: justjack

Studying Gypsy Jazz Alone ..What are the best tutorials

Postby Gullahboy » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:10 pm

I recently purchased a tutorial book called "Gypsy Guitar the Secrets" and it is dynomite !!! I can t get enough of studying this book . I must give much praises to Mr. Debarre , Sammy Daussat and Denis Roux for creating such a price means of studing this most beautiful stle of playing .....My question is to anybody out there is ..Volume 2 of this series is in French which I am not fluent in I was just wondering if there was a copy of this volume in English also when I do complete volume 2 could anyone give me any suggestions on what book to follow up on so I can keep up my sudies of Gypsy Jazz ...
Peace
Gullahboy

the secrets 1 angelo debarre ..

Postby ewino » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:40 pm

Hi Mate

I have the secrets vol'1 and have been using it for three years .
I have just completed the last song(for me it was Angelo's valse..)this was the hardest of all the songs to complete .

I have to admit i did jump about a bit and find the stuff i was interested but eventualy i got there ..

The secrets 2 is only published in french .The reason being it is only songs with score and tab .The book leaves it to you this time to complete on your own ..i guess they think you would of had book 1 to start with .THERE ARE NO EXERCISES OR RUDIMENTS TO PRACTICE IN THIS BOOK)

I am pretty fluent in some songs in volume 1but although knowing the fingerings it is extremely hard to get it of to a fine art.

After finding that book 2 only had tabs and score in ,i declined to buy it

GOOD LUCK .

DAVID

Good luck
DAVID
David hamilton
ewino

translation

Postby deuxdoigtsgauches » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:59 pm

have done a quick translation of part 2 (attached). There seemed to be 2 part 2s, one with just an intro and loads of tab and score, and the other one says 'le jeu en solo' on the front. Guess you mean the second but have translated the intro from the first in case as well. Good luck
deuxdoigtsgauches

Postby deuxdoigtsgauches » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:01 pm

It won't let me attach it, but pm me your email address and I'll send it to you that way
deuxdoigtsgauches

Return to Gypsy Jazz for Rookies