Djangofest Brooklyn

Post your US Gig dates here

Moderators: Caballero, Zoot

Postby justjack » Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:26 am

All right, you've had a day to recover, and I need to know what I missed. Right now, all I know is that the gig I missed it for was definitely not worth it. Also, there's a rumor out there that Stephane's putting on another Djangofest New York...anything about it?

In the meantime, some folks around here are getting something together for Django's birthday anniversary. It's going to inaugurate a monthly jam, and if we can get a dozen or so people interested, Dennis (from Montreal) may come down for a workshop and to hang out. It'll all be on January 23rd, a Sunday, and if anyone's interested, give Andrew Lawrence a mail at:
andrew@acousticguitarnetwork.org

The workshop would be two hours of rhythm work, an hour for lunch, then two hours of lead & picking tuition, and the whole thing will run $50US. I got to play with Dennis a bit at DFNE, and I'll definitely be at the 'shop. You can find some video of Dennis playing here, both with his own group and in a jam with Ritary & John Jorgenson:
http://www.fleche-dor.com/

Hope to see some of you there!
Best,
Jack.
justjack
Mad For It

Postby justjack » Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:21 am

Just a little update/reminder for anyone in the Northeast US: we got the dozen and the workshop is on. The jam, though, is probably going to be moved from the pub it was scheduled at; they'd rather have the TV on for a US football playoff. Worse becomes worst, I'll have it here if need be, and you all can drink me out of house and home. Hope to see some of you there!

Best,
Jack.

(if anyone's interested in still signing up for the workshop, mail Andrew at the address in the above post.)
justjack
Mad For It

Postby justjack » Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:03 pm

We've finally got it settled: everything will be at my place. Workshop starts at ten, but anyone's welcome to stop by for the jam-that'll start at four. If anyone wants to stop in, PM me for directions.

Best,
Jack.
justjack
Mad For It

Previous

Return to US Gig Listings