DFSW or Samois sur San Pedro

Post your US Gig dates here

Moderators: Caballero, Zoot

DFSW or Samois sur San Pedro

Postby viejovato » Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:20 am

Hello all ...
Well after many nervous and fitful starts DFSW is a reality ...
May 13 - 15th ...
Quite a ways from Europe but worth the visit ...

After convincing my wife that the hords of Atilla the Hun are not invited (though some may show up) .. we are opening up our 14 acres down by the San Pedro river in beautiful Pomerene (pop. 218) about 35 miles east of Tucson AZ.
We wanted to have something that had a bit of the Samois flavor with a dash of Salsa and anarchy thrown in.
Two great groups will play Sat night. Hot Club of Tucson and Nomad Jazz from Phoenix. Both sport some exceptional players.
This is what I always thought Gypsy Jazz was all about, campfire music in a laid back location, no particular plans, lots of old friends, a few beers to quaff... and ... to satisfy Django's 2 other great loves...a small pond stocked with catfish and a stylish 'Cafe Nuages' with a pool table...

So .. dust off those old VW hippie busses, gathere up the kids and come on out ...

http://hotcluboftucson.com/DFSW/dfsw.htm

email: miller_adams@sra.com
viejovato

Michael Collins is coming - another shameless pitch for DFSW

Postby viejovato » Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:25 pm

hey again ...
hard to be a one-man advertising, stage-buildiing, sponser-hunting GJ player but I try ...
Michael Collins - the noted luthier form Canada is coming down to 'Samois sur San Pedro' to give a workshop on setup and maintenance of these beasts ...

Drive down and experience some country-kicking Gypsy jazz ... not to be confused with gypsy-kicking country jazz ... all free .. donations to Benson Sr. Center...

take a workshop or two ..

http://www.hotcluboftucson.com/DFSW/dfsw.htm

thanks,
miller
viejovato

YES!

Postby fmason » Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:05 am

I AM THERE.

this is my kind of festival - free - camping by some river in the middle of the desert. Anybody at my fire: it's open bar until you stop pickin' or the pickin' stops us!
fmason

hey fmason ...

Postby viejovato » Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:12 am

hey man ...
thanks for the reply ...
this should be one glorious weekend ,,, seminars, great stage music Sat night and jammin' til those drunk country cows come home ...

miller aka ViejoVato ...
viejovato

Return to US Gig Listings