Grant McLennan

A reminder of those that have gone on before us.

Moderators: Caballero, Zoot

Grant McLennan

Postby emackenz » Sun May 07, 2006 12:59 pm

Just wanted to put this out there.
The Go Betweens were probably not remembered widely around the world but for us here in Brisbane Australia they are our representatives....apparently Europe loved them. And they were our antidote to the Saints :-)
Grant McLennan - singer/songwriter for the Go Betweens - who wrote Cattle and Cane, Streets of our Town and others - died at his 48th birthday party last night. I was invited but didn't make it.
Can't believe it. RIP Grant.
Ewan
emackenz

Postby sockeye » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:03 pm

I was very sad to read of Grant's death. I am a big fan of the Go-Betweens.

John
Philadelphia, PA
USA
sockeye

Postby emackenz » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:53 pm

It was a big shock - Grant and Robert won an Aria (Australia's Grammys) for Adult Album of the Year for their latest CD. They'd been on the road, and Grant had organised a birthday party on his return. He lay down about 4pm to rest and his girlfriend found him about 6pm. Heart attack apparently. The streets of our town haven't been the same. There is a bridge being built at the moment and the suggestion is out there to call it the GoBetweens Bridge, which I guess is apropos....
emackenz

Postby FSUGypsyJazz » Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:46 pm

I am DJ at the Unversity radio station here at FSU and I did a RIP set where I played a lot of their music. No one here had heard that he had passed and the people that called in were quite saddened by it.
Keep Swingin!
Caleb
FSUGypsyJazz

Return to In Memoriam