theJazz

A reminder of those that have gone on before us.

Moderators: Caballero, Zoot

theJazz

Postby Gadjo » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:20 am

Not quite dead yet but will be in a couple of weeks. The usual cause of death for anything with 'jazz' in the title - appathy.
Apparently Classic FM worked because it had an FM outlet and theJazz was only on DAB and online. Jazz fans are incapable of mastering these new concepts it has been reported. Some jazz will go over to Classic FM in the early hours slots.
If you don't know what I'm talking about find theJazz on your (UK) DAB radio or go to www.thejazz.fm while you can.
Gadjo

Postby Gadjo » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:21 am

Sorry. web link is www.thejazz.com
Gadjo

Postby Gadjo » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:24 am

Obviously incapable of mastering these new concepts!
Gadjo

Postby Brett » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:18 am

Why are you talking to youself? :?
Brett

Postby Jono » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:48 pm

Yep, this is a real shame. I know a couple of friends who went out and bought DAB radios purely to listen the theJazz because they were so impressed with the programming and variety on the station.

Planet Rock is also going (which, ironically, may matter more to a lot of people on this forum), although they say they're trying to find a buyer. I've not heard anything about theJazz trying to find a buyer, which seems defeatist (ok, it's probably just realistic, but I'm in idealistic rant mode, imagining that there might be zillionaire jazz-fan entrepreneurs out there). Maybe they have, I don't know, but moving some stuff to ClassicFM seemed to have been arranged quickly.
They may be drinkers, Robin, but they're still human beings.
Jono

Postby Rene » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:43 pm

I remember listening to the jazz one night, when they omitted to play the music between the prerecorded links. We also got to hear inter-song banter between the presenter and the engineer. What professionalism ! They will be sorely missed, I'm sure. Using deranged wife-harasser Andy Kershaw to do the jingles might have been a mistake.
Rene

Postby plankity » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:19 am

Rene wrote:I remember listening to the jazz one night, when they omitted to play the music between the prerecorded links. We also got to hear inter-song banter between the presenter and the engineer. What professionalism ! ...

In a perverse way that sounds kind of interesting: I think I'd like to hear that... once.

Norman CT/USA
plankity

Return to In Memoriam