Joseph Reinhardt

Help and advise on using the Encyclopedia and requesting info on submissions to it

Moderators: Caballero, Zoot

Joseph Reinhardt

Postby Zoot » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:06 am

Does anyone have the names of all the Albums Joseph Reinhardt Recorded

Thanks
Z
A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history, with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
Zoot
Site Admin

Postby nwilkins » Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:47 pm

Scot is probably best for this, but I can think of:

Joue Pour Django
Hommage a Django
Live Paris 1966
Mon Pote le Gitan (EP)
An EP with Lover Man, Nuages, Swanee River and Djangology

Plus he recorded stuff with Viseur, Combelle, Hodeir, Rostaing, Philippe Brun, Pierre Reverdy, Bill Coleman and others.
nwilkins

Postby justjack » Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:35 am

Damn, Nick, you're quick! Do you have the titles of any of the stuff you've listed at the bottom of your post? Also, I'm still hoping someone can clear up this question for me...
http://www.hotclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3299
It appears that I'm bereft of the true Hommage...

Best,
Jack.
justjack
Mad For It

Postby TedGottsegen » Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:50 pm

You have to be careful with Joe, his discography is very confusing. There were three different albums titled "Hommage a Django" - one acoustic, one electric but same tracks were recorded on each. To further confuse things, there was another electric album released with the "Hommage a Django" title featuring an entirely different playlist. The second electric "Hommage" album (with the duplicate playlist) has been reissued with at least three different covers.

Steve, I'll send you a more definitive discography tonight when I get home.

Best,

Ted
TedGottsegen

Postby Zoot » Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:58 pm

Dude 8)
A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history, with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
Zoot
Site Admin

Postby TedGottsegen » Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:04 pm

TedGottsegen wrote:You have to be careful with Joe, his discography is very confusing. There were three different albums titled "Hommage a Django" - one acoustic, one electric but same tracks were recorded on each. To further confuse things, there was another electric album released with the "Hommage a Django" title featuring an entirely different playlist. The second electric "Hommage" album (with the duplicate playlist) has been reissued with at least three different covers.

Steve, I'll send you a more definitive discography tonight when I get home.

FYI: The EP that Nick mentions contain tracks off the third "Hommage a Django" album.
TedGottsegen

Return to Gypsy Jazz Encyclopedia