JackAsses Who "Ding" Your Guitar!

Exactly what it says on the tin

Moderators: Caballero, Zoot

JackAsses Who "Ding" Your Guitar!

Postby B25Gib » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:44 am

OK - See I'm in a Pawn Shop playing junk guitars and meet some guy who talks better than he plays and then I walk out and he's showing two solid body electrics to another dude. An old Gibson OL-6 or something which I played and a 80's Peavy (Who Cares?) OK, because I had my guitar with me after finishing a jam session I decide to pull out my three mo. old Bob Holo #14 Busato derivative to expose them to some real Guitars! So the guy says, "Hey, can I play it"? OK I say, Just watch your zippers on your jacket! He plays the exact same chords from the
store meeting for 45 seconds, and now I have three "dings" where the right forearm rubs against the top sound board! Not Horrid, but noticable to me!
Yes! I'm Pissed Off! Am I culpable in this? Of Course! But the mistake more-or-less was seeing that this guy was primarily a solid body afficianado, guitar trader and had a "death to thin lacquer finish" jacket on and didn't know the history of Django and Gipsy guitars.
I'm drinking now!
Rocky
B25Gib

Postby Thrip » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:47 pm

I sympathise with you, but if you're going to take the guitar out of your bedroom these things are going to happen sooner or later. New guitars are a bit annoying for that reason. Once it gets a few dings and scratches then it's almost a relief that you don't have to be so paranoid about it any more.

Just remember why you got the guitar in the first place, work through a few revenge fantasies, and move on.
Thrip

Return to Taking the piss etc...