Wrist angle.

Ask our resident Doctor your troubling questions

Moderator: Teddy Dupont

Wrist angle.

Postby Cattermole » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:25 pm

Dear Doctor,

Strictly speaking I have overcome the problem of wrist angle by cleverly attaching a protractor to my wrist with a very neat harness contraption I fashioned from an old truss and surgical appliance of yours that Cabo kindly sent to me. I don't know how he came by them as I thought it best not to ask.

The problem now is that the protractor keeps catching on the strings. I've changed my bridge twenty-seven times in the last four days, have six inches of shim on the bass side and have changed to a hand carved by Trappist monk 12mm pick made from crystallised unicorn shit, all to no avail. You are my only hope.

Yours etc etc............
"...somebody correct me please if i have said bullshits"
Cattermole

Postby Teddy Dupont » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:54 pm

Hello Catty,

Great to hear from you again. I thought Interpol had finally caught up with you in Spain and you were getting a bit of a kicking in Paddington Green police station.

You will no doubt have been avidly reading about "Wrist Angle" HERE and HERE but although I have found this thread absolutely fascinating, I would suggest a simple bit of hand relief will totally solve your problem.

How is the guitar you are building from rubber bands coming along?
Teddy Dupont

Postby Cattermole » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:01 pm

Thanks for the speedy reply, Doc.

Regarding the hand relief; does it have to be administered with my hand?

Fortunately, Interpol still haven't tracked me down and it's beginning to look like the plastic surgery was worth it even though it took the edge off my boyish good looks.

By the way, I was never making a rubber band guitar. You must have got your wires crossed somewhere. It was, in fact, a rubber johnny guitar and a disaster into the bargain as involvement with rubber johnnies often is. Every time I had any contact with it I found myself losing wood, know what I mean? So, I abandoned it and made [img]this[/img]instead.

Happy New Year.

PS How do I do the attachment/photo thing that you do where you click on the word?
Attachments
DSC_0933.jpg
Not a rubber johnny guitar
DSC_0933.jpg (83.98 KiB) Viewed 3824 times
Cattermole

Postby Teddy Dupont » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:28 am

Cattermole wrote:

Regarding the hand relief; does it have to be administered with my hand?
The choice is yours but if you get a voluptuous young lady to assist you, the whole relief process can be speeded up enormously.

Cattermole wrote: How do I do the attachment/photo thing that you do where you click on the word?
You need the subject matter on the internet first. I up-loaded your guitar photo to my own site, "The History of the Plectrum and it's Impact on Social Intercourse", noted the url from the "properties" menu, put [img]at%20the%20front%20and[/img] at the back and :-

To get the "ghost" lettering, put [url=in front of the url, then]behind it, write the words you want and put[/url] at the end. Hence for Catty's guitar, press HERE

Cattermole wrote: So, I abandoned it and made [img]this[/img]instead.
It looks very nice but I am not sure about the authenticity of the beading. :roll: Looks are not enough though. What does it sound like? That's the important thing.
Teddy Dupont

Postby pale42 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:55 pm

:lol: Attached a mp3 to listen to Cattermoles' guitar Two guitar rythm one solo, all the same guitar. And our bassplayer with the nice name Korg nsr5

Remember this is placed in the Trust me ..... section. so dont take the playing very seriously. :roll:
Attachments

Bulgaria.mp3 [ 1 MiB | Viewed 3796 times ]

pale42

Postby Cattermole » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:13 pm

Teddy Dupont wrote:You need the subject matter on the internet first. I up-loaded your guitar photo to my own site, "The History of the Plectrum and it's Impact on Social Intercourse", noted the url from the "properties" menu, put [img]at%20the%20front%20and[/img] at the back and To get the "ghost" lettering, put [url=in front of the url, then]behind it, write the words you want and put[/url] at the end.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Far too complicated, Teddy, but thanks anyway.

When you say beading I think you might mean purfling :wink: and any authenticity shortfall can be made up with a wise plectrum choice, a pair of lary Vans and a liberal dousing in 'Eau de Disque Bleu' by Hugo Boss.

As to how it sounds my old mucker Pale 42 has kindly put an Mp3 sample up.
Cattermole

Postby Teddy Dupont » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:32 am

Cattermole wrote:When you say beading I think you might mean purfling....

Purfling!? Come on. You've made that up. That is just too silly to be true. No wonder you have used the wrong material when you don't even know what it is called!!! :roll: You'll be telling me next that the bridge is really called the brifle.
Teddy Dupont

Return to Trust Me I'm a Doctor