Power Tab Chords

Ask our resident Doctor your troubling questions

Moderator: Teddy Dupont

Power Tab Chords

Postby smilinjack » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:19 am

Greetings,
I have tabs which sound the chords behind the melody but only show them as Titled (Chord Names) rhythm slashes as opposed to having a complete second staff for the accompanying Cuitar.
Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,
Jack
smilinjack

Postby Musette » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:48 pm

Hello.
I know how to do that.
Musette

Postby Musette » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:09 pm

Haha Just kiddin', Assuming you have not found out how is it done, its a bit hard to explain this through internet but to do that, first of all you create a new guitar and then click on guitar in., and check the rythm slash option, then you must go to Chord Dictionary (an icon of red book with some notes on it)
there you choose the chord ( you can chose which note, major, minor, dominant etc, and you can add alterations, additions, extensions, bass notes etc)tthat you want to add and click "Add to Chord Diagram List" (its an icon next to the little speaker).
What i do is add all the chords i'm gonna use for the song to the Chord Diagram List , and then when you need to insert one chord i.e Am7b5 that you previously added to the Chord Diagram List, you just click below on the rythm slahes wheter you need that the chord last an octave, a whole or half note. Then you click in the icon called Chord Name (it shows "Cm", under the the red little guitar) and there is the complete list of the chords you added, then you choose the Am7b5 and voilà you added your first chord.
If you need to play that Am7b5 3 times, in a row, say all 4th notes, like a valse, you just do the that step for the first 4th note, but for the other two notes you just click the rythm slash you need, in this case two 4th notes, but you don't have to choose anymore the chord from the chord name icon. Hope that helped, if you have any doubts jus PM me ok?
Musette

Return to Trust Me I'm a Doctor