Gossington

UK Gypsy Jazz performances or meetings

Moderators: Zoot, Teddy Dupont

Postby Ricardo » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:45 am

I hope it's not still wanking it down with rain come Friday......
Ricardo

Postby Caballero » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:13 pm

:lol: Who cares?? Lets party!!!!!!!!!!!
Caballero
Moderator on Probation

Postby Caballero » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:22 pm

ooo! while I remember, Rino's bringing over one of the guitars he makes, to sell. He's made about 6 or 7 and they have an incredible sound. He's sold everyone he's made. My friend Jason bought one instantly at Samois even though he's got an Aylward lam on order. If you're thinking of getting a hand-made axe, I suggest you try these out. He's also gonna be playing his Selmer, very nice, I'm playing it on the 'Limehouse' clip on our youtube site. Yum yum.
Caballero
Moderator on Probation

Postby Ricardo » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:14 pm

Well my wife has given me permission to buy a handmade, but she needs a new set of teeth first. I've managed to get my hands on a motorhome for the weekend though, so not worried about the weather now and no queing for the stinking turdis. :D
Ricardo

Postby pinkgary » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:19 am

It's a fecking great guitar too. Don't sit next to him at any jams, or you'll be hard pressed to hear yourself!!!
Keep music Evil
pinkgary

Postby neill » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:52 am

weather doesn't look too bad at dursley, possibility of showers fri then ok but a bit breezy for the rest of the weekend.. :D
neill

Postby crookedpinky » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:44 am

What sort of price bracket are we talking about for Rinos guitars ?
The Crookedpinky
crookedpinky

Postby Caballero » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:30 pm

he's up for bartering, within reason.
Caballero
Moderator on Probation

Postby Ganondorf » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:31 pm

WOW ,what a fantastic weekend that was at gossington. Fabulous acts and great jam sessions also good to catch up with fellow forum dwellers :D . Once again, mr stuart carter smith did a beltin job. Well done. I didnt see who won gypsy idol, anyone know?
Ganondorf

Postby Djazznomad » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:36 pm

Pico? :lol:
Djazznomad

Postby stublag » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:43 am

Goss was a gas this weekend-the weather just about held
Some memorable moments for me--meeting Lulu and Rino;hearing the great Ben Holder;jamming with Cabo,Benji and Ducato til 4am despite it being freezing;playing on the stage with Mazaika to a really great audience.
Gypsy Idol on the Sunday was really entertaining-the overall standard was very good- although i must say i think Quasimodo Quartet were robbed-they were easily the best;great arrangements and musicianship,cool image and very funny to boot--thats the trouble with democracy guys....
Stuart should be congratulated yet again for such a great fest---i couldn't get to Samois this year and Goss made up for that
Stu
stublag

Postby Caballero » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:01 pm

:evil: Quasimodo filled every criteria of the spec for the comp, the only ones. Except for getting all yer supporters there. I do hope they get booked anyway.
Ridiculous, killa session in Brighton on Sunday with Lulu and Rino, the sound was awesome, both of 'em tore it up like dogs. Rino turned to me and said he hadn't heard Lulu play like that for years. Guess what? I filmed the whole thing ha ha!! we've watched it twice since then and it lives up to everything we realised on the night. Brighton gave them a full -on party and they gave us the best old school session I've ever seen. I'm going to put some of it up when I get back home at the weekend.
They had a great time and warm, appreciative audiences at both Le Q and IGGF, a very successful and memorable visit for all concerned.
Caballero
Moderator on Probation

Postby CSL Gypsy » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:33 pm

Quasimodo got the hump because they didn't win, but maybe should have...and Stuart could do a lot worse and book them anyway as they brought the house down.

Inspector Gadjo won and their lead guitarist (Will?) for me was fantastic and played very much like Django - phrasing, licks, string-bends, chromatic runs etc...magic :wink:
CSL Gypsy

Postby swingfromparis » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:10 am

I was very surprised that Quasimodo didn't win, that's not to say that Inspector Gadjo weren't good, but the clapping was louder for Quasi and they got the best reaction whilst they were playing. Still, it was great fun, and good to see a good range of bands.
swingfromparis

Postby Mobreau » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:37 am

Hey Guys, thanks for you kind comments! we were a bit miffed not to get it, the other guys were nice and polished though, and it was all good fun. It was great to see the other bands aswell. Stuart was good enough to contact us later on and said he wanted to put us on next year all the same, so hoorah for that! :D We'll bring our naked fire breathing girls to that one :wink:

Steve
Mobreau

PreviousNext

Return to UK Events