Gypsy Jazz in Israel

International Gypsy Jazz performances or meetings

Moderators: Zoot, Teddy Dupont

Gypsy Jazz in Israel

Postby Swing This! » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:24 pm

any gypsy jazz in Israel? I may be visting in April?
Swing This!

Since you asked...

Postby BaZa » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:01 am

There sure is.

The scene is just forming up, but Swing de Gitanes is doing a great job spreading the GJ word, preforming in different venues throughout Israel.

PM me for more details, and you are more than welcome to join us for a jam in one (or more) of our weekly gigs.

On april 26th we preform on Israel most beautiful concert hall, somewhere in Jerusalem.

This was us two months ago. It's much better (and acoustic, now with 2 GJ guitars...) now.

Enjoy your stay and do get in touch, not merely for GJ matters.

Bar
The BBQ - setting strings and venues alight
BaZa

GJ is alive and well in Israel!

Postby Swing This! » Wed May 02, 2007 9:03 am

GJ is alive and well in Israel via the brilliant young musicans in the trio "Swing de Gitanes." On my visit here, I have seen them twice; once in a formal concert in Jerusalem and last night at the intimate Cafe Mapu in the heart of Tel-Aviv. The trio is led by Bar Tzalel, who is a brilliant young guitarist who plays with a natural love and enthusiasm for gypsy jazz and exhibits a great GJ right hand technique. He is accompanied by Ya'acov on guitar, who is wonderful soloist in his own right and Oren on double bass, who is one of the more creative bass players that I've heard. Together the group perfoms fantastic original arrangements of GJ standards, which gives the music a fresh approach. They would be a great addition to any Django Festival!

Shalom and Cheers,

Phil
Swing This!

Return to International Events