Samois 2007, CAR SHARE HAS BEEN TAKEN UP.

International Gypsy Jazz performances or meetings

Moderators: Zoot, Teddy Dupont

Samois 2007, CAR SHARE HAS BEEN TAKEN UP.

Postby Colin P » Sat May 26, 2007 1:43 am

I'm going to Samois 2007 by car, using the Channel tunnel, will be leaving on Thursday the 28th June, about Mid-day (not booked yet) and returning on the Sunday evening, I'm going alone and could take a couple of people comfortably, the fare on the tunnel will be about £130 return plus petrol, I'm looking to share the costs equally, if you're a couple I will treat you as one person, in other words half my costs. I will be staying at a hotel but if you want to camp I'd drop you off and pick you up from the campsite when leaving, once there you free to do your own thing. I've got a medium sized saloon so space shouldn't be a problem.
Last edited by Colin P on Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Colin P

Postby Colin P » Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:32 am

No takers? I don't bite!
Colin P

Postby neill » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:59 am

Hi Colin, sorry just a bit late for my wife and I.. we already booked the Eurostar.. otherwise would certainly have been interested.. hope you find someone, Neill.
neill

Postby Colin P » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:09 pm

neill wrote:Hi Colin, sorry just a bit late for my wife and I.. we already booked the Eurostar.. otherwise would certainly have been interested.. hope you find someone, Neill.

That's a shame, still haven't booked it!! Although I've noticed the price of the Eurotunnel is creeping up the later I leave it. Thanks for the good wishes but might delete this thread if I don't hear anything.
Colin P

Postby Zoot » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:04 am

Colin

Eurotunnel is very expensive
I suggest you book up now with either speed ferries www.speedferries.com (Calais - Bologne 1 hr) or even cheaper is Norfolk Line www.norfolkline-ferries.co.uk/EN (Calais - Dunkerque 2hr)

I went to france last week with norfolk line with a truck for a week and got a return for £60.
They were also very flexible about ringing up and changing sailing times to suit you if it all goes pear shaped at no extra cost.
A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history, with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
Zoot
Site Admin

Postby Colin P » Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:25 pm

Thanks Zoot for taking the trouble of adding those links, those are good prices but I do like the tunnel, although depending on how things work out I might still end up on the Ferry, they're cartainly getting quicker than when I last used them. Cheers. Colin.
Colin P

Postby Colin P » Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:33 pm

Good news for me, I've now found someone to car-share with me. Thanks everybody for all the Ideas and suggestions.
Colin P

Return to International Events