Changing the strings?? Help

Yahoo this way.......

Moderators: Zoot, Teddy Dupont

Changing the strings?? Help

Postby sev » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:51 pm

Hey folks,
A real newbie here...was wondering if anyone could give some advice on how to change the strings on a gypsy guitar/dupont (slotted headstock - not used to these types of tuners). Just restrung it, and now feel like the action is a bit higher than it was (not sure if it's the strings - argentine 11, or the way I wound them... doesn't look like the bridge moved) - I can almost fit a 3.5 wegen under the 12th fret wire/string at low e (seems too high). Anyhow, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much! This is the first time i've changed the strings I my new dupont md50 - action seems higher now ...hmmm Help! Thanks again!
sev

Postby Ricardo » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:40 pm

I use 3mm at the twelth fret - your action is not unusually high for this type of guitar but I don't know how Dupont sets up his guitars. Can't see how the action would alter after a string change unless it was previously strung with 10's and the higher tension of the 11's has brought the neck up slightly - or the 11's are sitting higher in the bridge slots. Nice guitar for a newbie BTW!!
Ricardo

Return to Guitars picks and strings etc..