Gypsy jazz players wanted

Whats happening on the Gypsy Jazz Scene today

Moderators: Zoot, Teddy Dupont

Gypsy jazz players wanted

Postby w_lavene » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:58 pm

I am a UK based guitar player and will be traveling around England the next few months and then Europe. If anyone has a need for a Solid Rhythm or Lead player let me know

Will
Cambridge bases Gypsy jazz guitar player
w_lavene

Re: Gypsy jazz players wanted

Postby jacobk-d » Mon May 09, 2011 5:25 pm

Hi will

I'm considering doing a similar sort of thing. I'm studying music at the moment and as part of my third year I'm looking to spend some time in Europe, hopefully living within a gypsy community. Don't know if you have any contacts but it would be a great help if you do. If you ever come to cornwall let us know as there are a few of us playing gypsy jazz down here. cheers

jake
jacobk-d

Postby Ricardo » Tue May 10, 2011 1:17 pm

Hi Jake -where abouts in Cornwall do you live?
Ricardo

Postby w_lavene » Sat May 14, 2011 5:48 pm

Hi,

Yeah i may well come to cornwall fairly soon. I may even live in somerset for a few months over the summer.
I am going to Holland late August at the earliest and then on to France etc, i hear playing in the south of france is very cool as well as paris. Have you played Gypsy style for quite a while
Cambridge bases Gypsy jazz guitar player
w_lavene

Postby jacobk-d » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:08 pm

living down in falmouth although I wont be back here til january now. been playing manouche music for a while now, slowly getting the hang of it :) planning on being in holland too during october/november so let me know if you wanna get together and have a play out there at all. also if you find any good spots to head towards would be appreciated. email me at acobite@yahoo.co.uk as i dont check this forum that often. cheers an good luck with the travels

jake
jacobk-d

Return to Artists