New French Django TV documentary

Discussion on Django and his contemporaries

Moderators: Zoot, Teddy Dupont

Postby Gypsyjazzer » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:13 pm

My apologies if this has already been posted elsewhere and I've missed it, but there's a new French TV documentary available to download or view at:- http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IHUE4OAH (apparently sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, so try maybe a few times) or try here http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7L9N9EQV

Alternatively, there is an option to view the video on the MEGAUPLOAD pages above, and I found this worked fine. Although depending on your download speed, you might need to allow the buffer to build up a bit before you start watching it, otherwise it's excellent - apart from being in French that is!

It's a professional broadcast and well worth viewing.

Stu
PS. My son-in-law downloaded the whole 52 minute film in about 8 minutes.
Gypsyjazzer

Postby sfishman59 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:29 am

Any word on english subtitles?
sfishman59

Postby Gypsyjazzer » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:23 am

I was sent the link by a contact in Wales, who received it from someone in Germany, so I've no idea whether anyone will get around to producing a version with subtitles, but you never know.

A broadcast on English or American TV is probably the most likely spur to producing a version with English subtitles, or one with a commentary in English, but even though it's clearly a professional film, I doubt if any of the main UK TV channels are likely to screen it, so a translation seems unlikely.

By the way, if anyone is nervous about Megaupload, I was also initially very cautious about going onto their website, let alone actually downloading the video, but it all seems very professional, and watching the video on the Megaupload site is very easy.

Stu
Gypsyjazzer

Postby sfishman59 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:21 am

I guess my best bet is to find an english speaker who understands french and ask them to make a .srt file that can sync with the film. Thanks for the info gypsyjazzer.
sfishman59

Re: New French Django TV documentary

Postby Bangonthedoortwice » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:43 am

did any one manage to get an download of this? if so, can we get it so we can download it? i work in France in the summer, i could get it translated but how to actually put subtitles on I'd have no idea.
Bangonthedoortwice

Return to Django