Studygypsyjazz.com is now live! HD gypsy jazz video lessons

The first thirty years are the worst

Moderators: Zoot, Teddy Dupont

Studygypsyjazz.com is now live! HD gypsy jazz video lessons

Postby harrye » Wed May 13, 2015 4:12 am

Hi everyone,

I am very excited to say that the website I have been working on for almost a year for learning gypsy jazz / Jazz Manouche guitar online is now live!

Our debut course, 'Rhythm Guitar Fundamentals,' is now available for enrollment, and features 32 HD video gypsy jazz guitar lessons, over 2.5 hours of content & accompanying PDF material.

Please check it out at: studygypsyjazz.com

We also have free professionally recorded backing tracks listed on the site all on one page. Currently there are only a few available, but we have recorded over 100 and will be adding fresh tracks on a weekly basis, so please bookmark the page check back regularly! This will include gypsy jazz play along's for more uncommon and modern tunes that have become a part of gypsy jazz repertoire.

Also, if you have a few moments, please 'like' our Facebook page to help spread the word!

facebook.com/studygypsyjazz

All the best

Harry
harrye

Re: Studygypsyjazz.com is now live! HD gypsy jazz video less

Postby Papa Joe » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:20 pm

Hi Harry

I just finished your rhythm course and have found it a wonderful intro to playing in the Gypsy Jazz style. Your videos were properly bite-sized and allowed me to do one lesson every day or couple of days till I mastered what you were teaching. I am a longtime guitar player (50 years), mostly rock and blues but I never attempted GJ because I thought it was too intimidating. Your course made it accessible, fun and easier than I thought. I still practice the songs you covered every day to get my La Pompe pumping. Thanks for this! And I can't wait for your soloing course.

Joe
Papa Joe

Postby harrye » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:31 pm

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your message. I'm really glad to hear that you have enjoyed the rhythm course at http://www.Studygypsyjazz.com.

The intention with the course was to make gypsy jazz rhythm guitar as accessible as possible, with concise but comprehensive lesson material. It is excellent to hear that you are now practising La Pompe every day after finishing the course!

The course 'Lead Guitar Fundamentals' is now in production, and will be released late this month, so please stay in touch with the site for updates on the new course.

All the best and thanks again for your generous feedback,

Harry
Last edited by harrye on Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
harrye

Postby Papa Joe » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:08 am

Thanks for answering Harry. I loom forward to your Lead Course

Joe
Papa Joe

Postby harrye » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:06 pm

Hey Joe,

Hope you're well. I just wanted to let you know that the gypsy jazz lead course we were discussing a few months ago, Lead Guitar Fundamentals, has just been released at http://studygypsyjazz.com

If you'd like to check it out, there are 3 free sample lessons you can take on the course page to get a feel for the course. From these 3 lessons alone you can improve your right hand technique, learn the melody to ‘Dark Eyes (Les Yeux Noirs),’ and learn one of the most useful arpeggios in gypsy jazz.

In this course you will learn and develop:
• Strong left and right hand technique, allowing you to produce the best tone possible on your instrument.
• The powerful gypsy jazz rest-stroke picking technique.
• The melody to two popular gypsy jazz standards, ‘Dark Eyes (Les Yeux Noirs)’ and ‘Avalon’.
• Several horizontal Django-style arpeggios commonly used in gypsy jazz (Including triad, diminished and multi-purpose arpeggios).
• Listening and transcribing skills through focused ear training sessions.
• Techniques to create musical phrases, including articulations (vibrato & string bending), embellishments, phrase-connecting, and using rhythmic variation and space.
• The confidence and tools to begin improvising on your instrument.

Course Features
• 29 HD gypsy jazz guitar video lessons (scroll down to see a list of all the lessons included in this course)
• Over 2.5 hours of gypsy jazz guitar tuition from a professional guitarist and teacher.
• 25 page PDF course workbook, including gypsy jazz chord charts for ‘Avalon’ and ‘Dark Eyes (Les Yeux Noirs),’ and transcriptions of lesson material in TAB and standard notation.
• Exclusive access to a dedicated private forum for this course, where you can pose questions to your tutor and fellow students relating to lesson material.

All the best, and if you decide to take the course I hope you enjoy it as much as you did Rhythm Guitar Fundamentals!

Cheers

Harry
harrye

Return to How to play Gypsy Jazz guitar