Dark Eyes

Submissions for tune chords and licks

Moderators: Zoot, Teddy Dupont

Dark Eyes

Postby Shepoid » Sun Apr 27, 2003 6:04 pm

Is there anywhere on the net that offers a free download of the tune "Dark Eyes" in chart form, NOT, in tab. Just Chords and melody.
Tab just confuses me. :? :?: Thanks
Shepoid

Re: Dark Eyes

Postby Mike V » Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:16 am

Mike V

Postby justjack » Mon Apr 28, 2003 6:16 am

Hi, again, Mike. For whatever reason I still can't get to your charts. But in the meantime, Shep (if you're having the same problem), I think you can get downloads of the chords at least from these folks.
www.gadjodrom.com
www.robinnolantrio.com
Let me know how it works out.
justjack
Mad For It

Postby justjack » Mon Apr 28, 2003 6:35 am

Shep-one more place to check is:
http://www.angelfire.com/music2/blackmack/jazz.html
I think their stuff is in TablEdit, which is easy to download if you don't already have it. At any rate, you can get both tab and standard from it.
(I think it's in the Reinhardt2 zip file, but the others are worth checking out, too.)
justjack
Mad For It

Postby Shepoid » Mon Apr 28, 2003 12:30 pm

Thanks a so much for all that info.
The most clearist chart was by far the one given by Mike V
http://www.visi.com/~mpv/charts/YeuxNoir.pdf
However,
Mike V, do you know the proper rythmic notation to bar# 10? There is one beat missing in that one and I don't know what it would be. I don't have acces to recordings of this stuff nor would I want them. I prefer written music more than listening. It saves me a lot of time. It could have a tie to a quarter note or a quarter note rest on that 4th beat. But those are just guesses. I hate to guess.
Thanks for all the great responses.
Do any of you want to buy a Jimmy Rosenberg? 8)
Shepoid

Postby justjack » Tue Apr 29, 2003 12:36 am

I finally made it through as well, and what can I say? Well done, indeed.
A great first stop on any chart hunt.
justjack
Mad For It

Postby Mike V » Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:47 pm

I really don't the exact rhythmic phrasing. Dark Eyes, being the folk tune it is, is played differently everywhere, so I don't know if there is one "correct" way to play it. My charts are not without errors. Please, send me any corrections and I'll keep ironing them out. In recent time, I've been notating my charts with simplier, easier to read rhythm rather than the precise rhythm, so I might update this one.

Shepoid wrote:Thanks a so much for all that info.
Mike V, do you know the proper rythmic notation to bar# 10? There is one beat missing in that one and I don't know what it would be. I don't have acces to recordings of this stuff nor would I want them. I prefer written music more than listening. It saves me a lot of time. It could have a tie to a quarter note or a quarter note rest on that 4th beat. But those are just guesses. I hate to guess.
Thanks for all the great responses.
Do any of you want to buy a Jimmy Rosenberg? 8)
Mike V

Return to Tunes