A reminder of those that have gone on before us.

Moderators: Caballero, Zoot

Postby frater » Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:40 am

Agenore Incrocci, one of the best screenwriters ever IMO. He has written (with his partner Scarpelli) the best Italian films you can think of... and nobody here seems to notice he's gone. Shame, shame, shame...
"Et pas besoin d'avoir de fines moustaches pour jouer cette musique!" B. Lagréne
frater

Postby SoulShade » Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:57 pm

Tell us more...
SoulShade

Postby frater » Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:38 pm

Sorry, I've just noticed your post. Age wrote more than 120 films in 52 years (most of them with his parner Scarpelli): many are absolute masterpieces of Italian Cinema (La grande guerra, Tutti a casa, I soliti ignoti, Divorzio all' italiana, L'armata Brancaleone, Il Buono il Brutto e il Cattivo... to quote few). They worked for Mario Monicelli, Pietro Germi, Sergio Leone, Ettore Scola and many others... unfortunately film critics were too busy clapping their hands at the directors to give credit to the minds behind these films. It seems they still are.
"Et pas besoin d'avoir de fines moustaches pour jouer cette musique!" B. Lagréne
frater

Postby Jono » Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:19 pm

That's "Auteur Theory" for you!
They may be drinkers, Robin, but they're still human beings.
Jono

Postby frater » Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:21 pm

I'm not particularly against that theory: there are obviously authors out there... Point is Age & Scarpelli WERE authors , only they didn't show off with a director's hat on. Anyway, as Age once said: "the Screenwriter is like the Lighthouse Keeper: everybody look at the lighthouse, nobody notices him".
frater

Postby emicad » Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:20 pm

frater wrote:Sorry, I've just noticed your post. Age wrote more than 120 films in 52 years (most of them with his parner Scarpelli): many are absolute masterpieces of Italian Cinema (La grande guerra, Tutti a casa, I soliti ignoti, Divorzio all' italiana, L'armata Brancaleone, Il Buono il Brutto e il Cattivo... to quote few). They worked for Mario Monicelli, Pietro Germi, Sergio Leone, Ettore Scola and many others... unfortunately film critics were too busy clapping their hands at the directors to give credit to the minds behind these films. It seems they still are.

"Shame"?
Mmhhh...don't say so :cry:
emicad

Postby frater » Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:53 pm

Don't get me wrong Emi: I meant "here in Italy" not "here in the forum"!
frater

Postby emicad » Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:58 am

frater wrote:Don't get me wrong Emi: I meant "here in Italy" not "here in the forum"!

You're right you're the first
emicad

Return to In Memoriam