Gypsy jazz version of Super Mario Bros. song

Submissions for tune chords and licks

Moderators: Zoot, Teddy Dupont

Gypsy jazz version of Super Mario Bros. song

Postby adrian » Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:38 pm

Hi all,

I've recorded a Django-style version of the Super Mario Bros. 2 theme song. It actually fits quite well in this style!

http://www.holovaty.com/images/adrian_h ... y_jazz.mp3

It was recorded on a small computer microphone, so the sound quality could be a lot better. Hope somebody gets a kick out of it.

Adrian
adrian

Re: Gypsy jazz version of Super Mario Bros. song

Postby emicad » Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:46 pm

adrian wrote:Hi all,

I've recorded a Django-style version of the Super Mario Bros. 2 theme song. It actually fits quite well in this style!

http://www.holovaty.com/images/adrian_h ... y_jazz.mp3

It was recorded on a small computer microphone, so the sound quality could be a lot better. Hope somebody gets a kick out of it.

Adrian

Great, i've liked your interpretation of the song, nice idea!
If you need something about old and new videogames send me a pm, i'm mad for these things!
emicad

Postby clausci » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:27 pm

very nice adrian
Claudio
clausci

Postby adrian » Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:05 pm

By request, I've posted the chords here: http://www.holovaty.com/music/mario2_chords.txt
adrian

Postby emicad » Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:16 pm

adrian wrote:By request, I've posted the chords here: http://www.holovaty.com/music/mario2_chords.txt

Thanks Adrian
emicad

Postby devinci » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:57 am

devinci

Postby emicad » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:28 am

devinci wrote:Check out this version.

http://www.youtube.com/w/Mario-Bros?v=o ... s%20guitar

:D Great! He's a genius! The way he reproduce the sound effects is perfect...
What a game :cry:
emicad

Postby emicad » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:44 pm

adrian wrote:By request, I've posted the chords here: http://www.holovaty.com/music/mario2_chords.txt

The chords are in my website, take a look
The file is the same, i have leaved it exactly like the original.
Let me know if you have more tunes you want to share
Bye
PS: Your song is on my cell. phone as ringtone, i really like it!
emicad

Postby Carter O'Brien » Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:22 pm

and here I thought I was a freak! :shock:
Carter O'Brien

Postby emicad » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:42 am

Carter O'Brien wrote:and here I thought I was a freak! :shock:

Why "freak"? What you mean with freak?
I HATE when i can't understand a phrase!!!! Grrrr... :evil: :evil: :evil:
emicad

Postby Carter O'Brien » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:21 pm

"freak" meaning that 9 out of 10 folks who walked by and heard you playing a video game theme on your guitar would look at you like you were from planet Mars!
Carter O'Brien

Postby emicad » Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:11 pm

Carter O'Brien wrote:"freak" meaning that 9 out of 10 folks who walked by and heard you playing a video game theme on your guitar would look at you like you were from planet Mars!

Yes i agree, but in this case the song is perfect for the genre, i don't know if you ever played the game but that music is perfect.
I'm just writing a grille of the "Lupin III" soundtrack. Anyone knows the cartoon?, i'm sure yes, it was really popular around the world.
The italian soundtrack was a great valse played by the Castellina Pasi orchestra.
emicad

Postby texasrockabillyrebel » Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:30 pm

Great job Adrian! That really took me back, Spiderman pj's, a bowl of count chocula, and the unceasing sound of me kicking the crap out of my Nintendo trying to get it to work. Back befor my fingers were callused even!

Hey emicad, I see you've got a pic there of the Hiyo Miyazaki Lupin. Unfortunatley in the U.S. Lupin has only been popular for a couple of years. As far as I know only 1 Lupin movie was released here, the Castle of Cagliostro, pre 2001. I think the show actually started in the early 80's. The first series of the tv show runs on Cartoon Network some times. I guess it's taken America a long time to discover the genius of Lupin. I can't wait to see the chart of the theme song.

Have you ever seen Cowboy Bebop? It has great music as well. The theme song is a lot like Caravan.

Travis
If you don't swallow it's going in your eye.
texasrockabillyrebel

Postby emicad » Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:40 pm

texasrockabillyrebel wrote:Great job Adrian! That really took me back, Spiderman pj's, a bowl of count chocula, and the unceasing sound of me kicking the crap out of my Nintendo trying to get it to work. Back befor my fingers were callused even!

Hey emicad, I see you've got a pic there of the Hiyo Miyazaki Lupin. Unfortunatley in the U.S. Lupin has only been popular for a couple of years. As far as I know only 1 Lupin movie was released here, the Castle of Cagliostro, pre 2001. I think the show actually started in the early 80's. The first series of the tv show runs on Cartoon Network some times. I guess it's taken America a long time to discover the genius of Lupin. I can't wait to see the chart of the theme song.

Have you ever seen Cowboy Bebop? It has great music as well. The theme song is a lot like Caravan.

Travis

Cowboy Bebop? For sure! But I can't remember the song...Why don't you send me a mail? We can exchange the two songs, right?
Anyway, during this weekend I'll put the LupinIII grille on my site and I'll post it here ok?
Bye
emicad

Postby DennisC » Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:45 am

cool, now tackle the pokemon theme GJ style
DennisC

Next

Return to Tunes