Eddie Lang's "A Little Love, A Little Kiss"

Submissions for tune chords and licks

Moderators: Zoot, Teddy Dupont

Eddie Lang's "A Little Love, A Little Kiss"

Postby radiotone » Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:44 pm

Hi all,

I'm looking for a transcription (tab or standard notation), on the off chance that one exists.

Also for other Lang/McDonough-style guitar solo pieces.

Cheers,

nh
User avatar
radiotone
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2004 7:03 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC

Postby blindbluesandjazz » Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:12 pm

There is a mel-bay book called "masters of the plectrum guitar". It has a few of the mcdonough/kress duets, and the notation for Feelin' My Way. It doesn't have A Little Love, A Little Kiss, but it does April Kisses. It also has a lot of Solo pieces from George Smith, Carl Kress, Frank Victor, and Harry Volpe. I think it is pretty easy to find.
Colin Perry
www.colinperry.ca
blindbluesandjazz
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:27 am
Location: Montreal, QC

Postby radiotone » Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:59 am

blindbluesandjazz wrote:There is a mel-bay book called "masters of the plectrum guitar". I think it is pretty easy to find.


Thanks for the tip. I'm ordering up a copy now.

cheers,

nh
User avatar
radiotone
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2004 7:03 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC

Postby Teddy Dupont » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:44 am

I've got a transcription of "A Little Love, A Little Kiss" somewhere but I cannot remember where I have put it. :oops: If I find it, I'll let you know. - Although I have not tried for more years than I care to admit, I can remember it is much easier to play than most Django transcriptions.
User avatar
Teddy Dupont
Moderator
 
Posts: 2019
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 11:27 am
Location: Dupont Towers

Postby emicad » Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:13 am

Teddy Dupont wrote:I've got a transcription of "A Little Love, A Little Kiss" somewhere but I cannot remember where I have put it. :oops: If I find it, I'll let you know. - Although I have not tried for more years than I care to admit, I can remember it is much easier to play than most Django transcriptions.

You are speaking about the Django version? If you find it please let me know, is one of my favourite solos and also the song is marvellous. Have you the unaccompanied version by Eddie Lang? :shock:
User avatar
emicad
 
Posts: 803
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:56 am
Location: Rome - Italy

Postby Teddy Dupont » Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:06 am

emicad wrote:
Teddy Dupont wrote:I've got a transcription of "A Little Love, A Little Kiss" somewhere but I cannot remember where I have put it. :oops: If I find it, I'll let you know. - Although I have not tried for more years than I care to admit, I can remember it is much easier to play than most Django transcriptions.

You are speaking about the Django version?
No

emicad wrote:Have you the unaccompanied version by Eddie Lang? :shock:
Yes
User avatar
Teddy Dupont
Moderator
 
Posts: 2019
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 11:27 am
Location: Dupont Towers

Postby emicad » Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:16 am

Teddy Dupont wrote:
emicad wrote:
Teddy Dupont wrote:I've got a transcription of "A Little Love, A Little Kiss" somewhere but I cannot remember where I have put it. :oops: If I find it, I'll let you know. - Although I have not tried for more years than I care to admit, I can remember it is much easier to play than most Django transcriptions.

You are speaking about the Django version?
No

emicad wrote:Have you the unaccompanied version by Eddie Lang? :shock:
Yes

So you have a transcription of Eddie's unaccompanied version?
User avatar
emicad
 
Posts: 803
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:56 am
Location: Rome - Italy

Postby mr.gibson » Sat Oct 15, 2005 5:26 pm

a little love a little kiss
try woody man books..i dont know if still in print i have it
i could e/mail copy but not
to

this
mr.gibson
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:03 pm

Postby christerflea » Tue May 16, 2006 9:48 am

have u found the eddie lang transcription yet? :s, really wanna learn to play it :(
Chris :)

I was born on the same date Django died (not same year). Maybe he's come back as me, but I doubt it as I suck at Gypsy Guitar :)
User avatar
christerflea
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:42 am

Postby Teddy Dupont » Tue May 16, 2006 10:43 am

christerflea wrote:have u found the eddie lang transcription yet? :(

Yes.
User avatar
Teddy Dupont
Moderator
 
Posts: 2019
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 11:27 am
Location: Dupont Towers

Postby emicad » Tue May 16, 2006 11:14 am

Teddy Dupont wrote:
christerflea wrote:have u found the eddie lang transcription yet? :(

Yes.

S_H_A_R_E
I_T
:D
User avatar
emicad
 
Posts: 803
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:56 am
Location: Rome - Italy

Postby stublag » Wed May 17, 2006 2:23 pm

The lang version was published in the early 80s in a book edited by ivor mairants and published by Chappell/emi "Famous jazz guitar solos";also in "Jazz guitar" edited by James Birkett published by I.M.P-i think both are out of print but if you have no luck PM me
Stu
stublag
Moderator
 
Posts: 811
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:34 pm
Location: london


Return to Tunes

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron