Caballero Interview

Ask our resident Doctor your troubling questions

Moderator: Teddy Dupont

Teddy Dupont

Caballero Interview

Post by Teddy Dupont »

As many of you will have seen, it is quickly becoming fashionable to interview guitarists and contributors to the various gypsy jazz forums. Yann has produced a couple of interesting pieces. I think it is important for us not to let this development pass us by so I decided to interview one of the stars of the Hot Club Forum, a person who prefers to be known as Caballero (the name being taken from a close friend of the ballet dancer Rudolf Nureyev).

I managed to pin him down at his usual table at "The Ivy" early last week.

Teddy: Hello Caballero. How are you today?

Caballero: F*** OFF! I'm eating.

Teddy: Thank you.

If this feature proves successful, I am hoping to interview Thrip next time.
Caballero
Moderator on Probation

Post by Caballero »

:D That's poo. go on send me some questions and I'll answer 'em. I've partied with all the big gypsyjazz name dudes y'know.

I wouldn't bother with Thrip, any question you ask him and he'll somehow manage to get some form of scale formula in the answer. Even if it's about cheese.
maca

Post by maca »

OK Cabo, how shaved is Stochelo's muzzie? Is it razored,bic'ed ,mac 3'd :twisted: or for those dan sarf (mozzie or tache). Excuse me I am pissed as Livepool have just beaten Everto. It has jut took 15min to rite evton!
Caballero
Moderator on Probation

Post by Caballero »

In recent times, there has been a trend amongst the excellent Rosenberg guitarists to opt for the moustache-less approach. I don't think a bic would have accomplished such fine grooming, I think something more advanced has been used to get this result. Gillette Mach 3 perhaps?

Late last year, we had a moustache growing competition within one of the groups I play with. I was duped, I turned up to pre-tour rehearsal sporting a beaut of a lip-slug, while everyone else didn't. Well, sod 'em, I kept it and added some more. Facial-hair rules for this year. Makes you play faster too.
Teddy Dupont

Post by Teddy Dupont »

Caballero wrote:.... go on send me some questions and I'll answer 'em.
But would you give me sensible answers or just your usual moist, tacky, juvenile twaddle?
Teddy Dupont

Post by Teddy Dupont »

Caballero wrote: Late last year, we had a moustache growing competition within one of the groups I play with. I was duped, I turned up to pre-tour rehearsal sporting a beaut of a lip-slug, while everyone else didn't. Well, sod 'em, I kept it and added some more. Facial-hair rules for this year. Makes you play faster too.
Don't talk to me about taches you seedy haired wimp. This is Teddy circa 1970 with a knicker dropping beauty:-
Attachments
Teddy's Big Beauty.JPG
Caballero
Moderator on Probation

Post by Caballero »

Teddy Dupont wrote: But would you give me sensible answers or just your usual moist, tacky, juvenile twaddle?

sensible answers! promise.

That picture is of Tom Selleck!
Teddy Dupont

Post by Teddy Dupont »

Caballero wrote:That picture is of Tom Selleck!
That's what Thrip said when he first saw it. The background is that I was in America when "Magnum P.I." was being cast and I went along to the audition as I fitted the characterisation the producer had outlined perfectly. I could not believe it when that bloody Selleck got the part just because he was a couple of inches taller than me even though he had a voice like a big pussy.