Django tabs

Post your instruments for buying and selling

Moderators: Zoot, Teddy Dupont

rickysprocket

Django tabs

Post by rickysprocket »

Hi,
I am a newbie here and a bit out of my depth as yet but it will get easier....I hope!!

Does anyone have a copy of the Michael Horowitz book 'Unaccompanied Django' for sale? I understand it is one of the few which are tabbed - I do not read standard notation unfortunately and to date have learned everything by ear and as you will know, this is nearly impossible with Django's music.

I would really appreciate some help here!!

Many thanks, Rick
neill

Re: Django tabs

Post by neill »

I don't have a copy of that book for sale - but there is loads of tabs out there - powertab links on this site for instance. Learning by ear is best though - I found that a slow downer type programme (I have amazing slow downer - only cost me about £15 I think to download) is ideal for looping phrases then slowing them down until you can hum the notes and then pick them out on the guitar.
But, as I said, there is loads of tabs out there.
Good luck
Neill.
rickysprocket

Re: Django tabs

Post by rickysprocket »

Hi Neill,
Thanks for your response, I have seen a few tabs but not for Django's 'Echoes of Spain' which I would dearly like to get my hands on - if you know of a source for this that would be great, I do know that it is in the book I am after though.
Rick