IGGF 2008 featuring Stochelo Rosenberg

UK Gypsy Jazz performances or meetings

Moderators: Zoot, Teddy Dupont

C-S

IGGF 2008 featuring Stochelo Rosenberg

Post by C-S »

The International Gypsy Guitar Festival 2008 (25th, 26th July)

What a treat we have in this years lineup

Stochelo Rosenberg
Mozes Rosenberg
Feigeli Prisor
Eddy Grunholz,
Paulus Schäfer
Daniel Rosenberg
Andreas Oberg
Beil Ballester
kruno spisic
Hai la Drum
Mazaika
Plus more!!!!!!!

Tickets are on sale now from www.iggf.co.uk.
There is a £3 discount when booked before 30th April so please use this option if you are interested in coming.
All the best and looking forward to seeing you all there

Stuart Carter-Smith
Eb9

Post by Eb9 »

Can I be the first to say to you Stuart, and of course everyone else involved with the organising & promotion of the IGGF: "What a line-up".

Fantastic.
Caballero
Moderator on Probation

Post by Caballero »

I've just got off the phone to Stuart, hats off to him putting together a truly monster Dutch line-up, with a smattering of Swede, Spanish, Russian, Romanian etc. Time to brush up on your downstroke sweepy thing, dust off the world music hat. Drag everyone you know over to this one, its gonna be awesome welles.
Hoorah for gypsyjazz!! :D
Nev

Post by Nev »

Well, Slap My Belly with a Big Wet Fish!!

Cracking line up!!!!

Can't wait.
Zoot
Site Admin

Post by Zoot »

Stuart, excellent choice my man.
Apart from that dubious Hi lo Drone who are, I understand made up of out of work teachers and dope smokers.
A sad state of affairs I'm sure you will agree.

I propose you drop them and get PVC who I understand is also a teacher but is a far superior musician than that lot put together.

Vive la PVC
A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history, with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
Caballero
Moderator on Probation

Post by Caballero »

What are you doing here???? Is it your lunch-break? finished knobbing the office-boy? completed your spread-sheets? This is a serious forum for serious gypsy-jazzers, not you jump-on-the-bandwagon 'I know the intro to minor-swing' types.
Pvc?? don't make me laugh! his crusty old bloomers won't even be out of the dryer by then. Plus his people-skills would let him down....again.
Anyway, breaktime over, back to the office with you.
Rene

Post by Rene »

Damn, I'm not going to make it for much of this year, as for once, I've got some nice gigs to play, instead of being ritually humiliated. :lol:
I trust you'll be having the customary Friday night shred-out, where more notes are played than strictly necessary ? If so, that'll be the bit I get to.
Swing This!

Post by Swing This! »

Great line up - thanks Stuart! I'm looking forward to my 2nd visit to this festival. Last time was 2002. So I don't have to schlep a guitar over from the States, by any chance will anyone have a spare beat up guitar that I could jam a few tunes on? Much appreciated...Cheers Phil :)
jobanks

Caballero

Post by jobanks »

Hi I'm new here. Seems to me from a cursory glance that this Caballero guy likes to dish out the ball-breaking, but when it comes back at him he can't handle it. He's very defensive. Anyway, great site, keep up the hard work!
Teddy Dupont

Re: Caballero

Post by Teddy Dupont »

jobanks wrote:Hi I'm new here. Seems to me from a cursory glance that this Caballero guy likes to dish out the ball-breaking, but when it comes back at him he can't handle it.
That just about sums him up. :D An offensive cream puff!! :lol:
Caballero
Moderator on Probation

Re: Caballero

Post by Caballero »

jobanks wrote:Hi I'm new here. Seems to me from a cursory glance that this Caballero guy likes to dish out the ball-breaking, but when it comes back at him he can't handle it. He's very defensive. Anyway, great site, keep up the hard work!

In defence of that, I would say I have a mental disease which prevents me from generally,being able to post anything with substance, taste or relevence. As a Moderator of the forum, sort of, I can say You're right! it's a great site!, please, don't let me put you off visiting it.
jobanks

Post by jobanks »

ok I'll stay on the fringes and wade in when the time is right
Swing This!

Post by Swing This! »

anyone else from the US planning to go to Gossington this year? ..any further word on if there'll be a "stand-by" guitar to use for a jam? Cheers, Phil :D
Rene

Post by Rene »

Let's hope the weather's a bit better this year, or I'm moving to Andalucia.
Rene

Post by Rene »

So is there a 2009 event ? We need to know !
Stuart, are you there ?