Favino 1500 euro's!

Whats happening on the Gypsy Jazz Scene today

Moderators: Zoot, Teddy Dupont

Mobreau

Post by Mobreau »

Yeah, that place does look pretty good for this kinda thing, whether or not the location good is another question though and one that can only be deduced once more people give us some idea of what they would/can do. Anyway! I have had few PM's so people are interested which is great! I believe AGENT is going to be putting up a kind of survey to see what people would be willing to spend etc..

GET INVOLVED!! MAKE IT HAPPEN!! :wink:
Caballero
Moderator on Probation

Post by Caballero »

:D I'd like to come and jam and party please! I like jams and parties! I like Cadburys buttons too ! perhaps we can get some in, weeeeeee
Mobreau

Post by Mobreau »

Thats the spirit man! :D You could do a little masterclass on wombat felching perhaps?
Mobreau

Post by Mobreau »

I take that back, it sounds funny! but the reality is quite repulsive. :oops:
Djangoslefthandman

Post by Djangoslefthandman »

There are five or six of us in South Hants who could be up for it. You'd need a good supply of wombats.

Ian & Steve used to run an annual session at The Trout in Lechlade. Big marquee for the jamming and evening performance in the pub. Zoot thought it was a car boot sale as I remember. Even jammed with the legendary Teddy Dupont on a couple of occasions.

Count me in.
Agent

Post by Agent »

With Mobreau's blessing, I've devised a poll asking what dates people would prefer (I've limited the choice to December, January or February). It should also give us an idea of numbers. The poll can be found here:

http://www.doodle.com/eain9xshywy6qb6w

As this poll is on an external site, please leave some contact details in a comment box (e-mail, who you are on the forum). Location, price range and choice of venue would need to be decided later, but it would help if you could also state your preferences.

This is the sort of thing I think we should be aiming for:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CPFH3PRLNc
stublag

Post by stublag »

I'd be up for any get together --anything to keep the inspiration going through the cold winter months.
Stu
Mobreau

Post by Mobreau »

:D :D Nice on Stu, it would be great to have you on board man! I have already stuck something on the poll, but i must say i am inclined to look for something around febuary? I know that is a long way off, but what the hell! December is very much Christmas and choas also cash can be tight. January the same but with the added "ooh i need to get healthy and stop all these terrible vices" and your kinda partied out. Febuary, you have usually accepted your vices again, things are kinda back to normal and it is f*cking miserable weather!! perfect.
Mobreau

Post by Mobreau »

but! I am open to go anytime if that suits other people better, according to the poll :)
rimmm

Feb would be great

Post by rimmm »

me and the wife are in Engerlaaand in Feb to visit relatives near Blackburn somewhere..where are you thinking about?
Mobreau

Post by Mobreau »

Hey! We have not got quite that far yet unfortunately, the seed is only just planted! when we get more of an idea about numbers and when, then we can look at whereabouts we want to do it.
Caballero
Moderator on Probation

Post by Caballero »

Hi Saul & Naughty, I'm game for Feb, the only thing that would scupper it for me would be if a big bucks jobby came in, but Febs good.

Wow ! I want to do xmas with the Basily boys.

Can we get some crack whores in?
neill

Post by neill »

Hi Steve, I'd love to be involved - did I say that on Sun? probably.. any time is good for me !
pinkgary

Post by pinkgary »

Feb is good... As are crack whores :oops:
Keep music Evil
Mobreau

Post by Mobreau »

Good, good. I see nobody has filled in Saul's survey! Saul, i tried to but could not save the dates I had chose? I am pretty crap though! Well we are getting a few thumbs up for Febuary then? Shall we mark it down to get some structure? If so, then we can move onto the next phase, which should be number of people. I am thinking 30-50 but we really need people to speak up if they want to. From my neck of the woods including Cabo and Neill I reckon there will be 6 definates. London crew, Stuart, Saul and I won't mention names but I think at least another 5. The south Hants crew, that's another 5/6, Pinkgary etc We are already 20 strong! Oh and of course Teddy Dupont and his concubines are sure to come?! :wink: Anyone out there sat on the fence? c'mon get down!