Favino 1500 euro's!

Whats happening on the Gypsy Jazz Scene today

Moderators: Zoot, Teddy Dupont

Teddy Dupont

Post by Teddy Dupont »

Mobreau wrote: Oh and of course Teddy Dupont and his concubines are sure to come?! :wink:
I would bring our singer along who can blow your ears off at full volume but she is on Broadway in Feb. My suggestion that I would make a really good accompanist for her whilst she is there has been greeted with surprising indifference.
neill

Post by neill »

Just watched that Basily boys Xmas thing! :D :lol:
pinkgary

Post by pinkgary »

Remi will be up for it i imagine & a couple of others i can think of up 'ere in "Da Midlands"
Keep music Evil
Ricardo

Post by Ricardo »

I would certainly consider it if the location was listing toward the south west.
May be able to rustle up a couple more cider drinkers as well.
Mobreau

Post by Mobreau »

O.K, I reckon we should choose a venue which is as neutral as possible! It is hard to work out where we all are exactly. I am guessing roughly from who we have here, 15 in the south, 10 in the midlands/northish, 6 in the west? and then a few scattered. God, it's like the hotclub domesday book! I reckon to see who is serious and who is not I am going to choose a venue that is not to bias towards anyone group, this venue will be theoretical, but it will give us a more accurate idea of what kind of place we need and how many people it will be for. And please anybody else who has the time to look at some venues, do it! let us see! the more the merrier.
Mobreau

Post by Mobreau »

I know it maybe Febuary but get the fires going and were laughing..
http://www.groupaccommodation.com/ga-ma ... ?adId=1621
So that is Warwickshire, yes/no to the style of accomodation? I reckon they coud be good for jamming, but we may all be spread out! Still, an idea.

And what about the first one? it's on page 2 i think and it's in Dorset. Out of everyone who has already replied, please speak up again with yes or no. We can geta better picture then. :wink:
Caballero
Moderator on Probation

Post by Caballero »

ummm....Dorset? :)
maca

Post by maca »

Hmmm Dorset is a bit out of the way for moi. Sorry chaps.
Djangoslefthandman

Post by Djangoslefthandman »

Dorset would be good for us softy southeners.
Ricardo

Post by Ricardo »

Yes, Dorsetshire would be preferable. I get the shakes if I venture over the Tamar.
Teddy Dupont

Post by Teddy Dupont »

Do they speak English down there?
Mobreau

Post by Mobreau »

Dorset seems to be winning the hearts of people here. Sorry Maca! If we had any response on the Warwickshire venue then it would be worth considering. As it stands, the cider drinking straw munchers seem to be winning! I am sure Neill is good with that. Now then....Pink Gary? Stublag? Saul? Monsiuer Robinson? I reckon I could rustle up a Katz aswell....reply boys, then with the other people who are not on the forum we can start to see wxactly how many people we will have. Don't worry1 it's not official yet, you just have to say, erm yeah! I would like to, in theory! Then I can look into the next stage, how much.....
Thrip

Post by Thrip »

Sadly I will be otherwise engaged at that time.
Brett

Post by Brett »

I'd be interested, work commitments permitting.
Agent

Post by Agent »

A February weekend in Dorset would be good for me. I've just come back from camping in a tipi in Cornwall, which wasn't all that warm. February camping could be pretty brutal.