Favino 1500 euro's!

Whats happening on the Gypsy Jazz Scene today

Moderators: Zoot, Teddy Dupont

Mobreau

Favino 1500 euro's!

Post by Mobreau »

Thought that might work,

Don't know how to go about this, so i am just planting a seed. Many of you will know Menno from Holland, we were chatting about there kind of dutch hotclub fanclub. They put on little gatherings throughout the year, everyone turns up jams get's drunk has a good time and people get up and play. Now I am not saying we start a bloody fanclub! but an event like this would be nice? I'm sick of seeing johnny bloody hepbir and it would be nice to see some different faces from here and there (maybe even Teddy Dupont!?)How do we go about it? well lets talk about it? If nothing else hopefully i have started a thread that can digress into the usual banter! :wink:
Mobreau

Post by Mobreau »

46 views and no takers? aaahh, that's terribly sad :cry: but maybe your right. It's just to much effort to do something a little different. Viva the odd corporate do and the £50 quid and 2 free pints (if lucky) at the Cock and Balls until next Samois :P
swing68

Post by swing68 »

Au contraire, old chap.

Right idea - but for me, the wrong postcode. Unless, of course, that too is something we could resolve.

Penny for'em (by PM if preferred)?
pinkgary

Post by pinkgary »

Yes, lets find a way.... I like playing with folk.. Drinking, Smoking, Djangoing.

What sort of size thing are you thinking?

Where, when? Logistics, man. That's what we need...

If you look at Teddys photos of Dupont Towers, i reckon we pitch up at his gaff, marquee in the garden, and take it over. He can hardly not come then!!!
Keep music Evil
Agent

Post by Agent »

Good idea.

Where and when were you thinking? Obviously I'd prefer London/SE...
Teddy Dupont

Post by Teddy Dupont »

pinkgary wrote:If you look at Teddys photos of Dupont Towers, i reckon we pitch up at his gaff, marquee in the garden, and take it over. He can hardly not come then!!!
I don't want vulgarians like you lot at Dupont Towers. We only av toffs ear.

For Mobreau, here is a very recent facebook image:-

pinkgary

Post by pinkgary »

I saw him in Leamington last month.. He looked just like that.. 8)
Keep music Evil
Jono

Post by Jono »

The picture on the bucket, you mean?
They may be drinkers, Robin, but they're still human beings.
pinkgary

Post by pinkgary »

Excellent. That really did make me laugh out loud.
Keep music Evil
Mobreau

Post by Mobreau »

What a wonderful picture! I don't know which looks more sweaty, your good self or the family size bucket! So, great, some positive response. What we need to know is how many people are up for it and where the majority of people are base. I am guessing there are more of us in the south. That does not mean to say we have to have it in the south? We could find nuetral ground to suit more everybody? The big thing here is Venues and accomodation. There is always the whole thing of renting cottages for a couple of days? that way we get to play on as long as we want, it would be relatively cheap and we can all see each other in a big brotheresque enviroment! This could be done in conjunction with hiring a function room or building in whatever the local town would be? As i say, i am just throwing ideas about and have never tried to do anything like this, but do it once and make it a success, who knows? Look at Michael Eavis! :)

Bring it on chaps?
Mobreau

Post by Mobreau »

http://www.groupaccommodation.com/ga-ma ... ?adId=1859

I mean, is that kinda suitable? I don't really mean that exact one, but that kind of idea. It is really cheap aswell. It does not solve the problem of venues to play, but it does mean nice acommodation cheap and obviously plenty of space. Ideas folks!
Mobreau

Post by Mobreau »

Or perhaps we could push the boat out a little? we could maybe order in some of Teddy's favourite KFC from a near by village!
http://www.groupaccommodation.com/ga-ma ... p?adId=958
Mobreau

Post by Mobreau »

Oh yeah, sorry. I have not really thought of how many or when! I know could get at least 5 or 6 people on board who all play. So then it is just down to how many takers there are here i guess? When? whenever!, we really want it as something to wipe out some winter blues! So it could be just before Crimbo or in those dark dank Febuary months (I think i would prefer that!) You guys tell me your thoughts.
Mobreau

Post by Mobreau »

Sorry, I keep thinking of stuff after i have stopped writing. Anyhow, if you get something like this for a weekend it could be large enough for us not to need a venue and to just chat, jam, drink and be merry amongst ourselves? I am sure there would be an ideal location out there! Y'know there could be ibig evening meal and all that business, maybe people can do little unofficial workshops here and there if they feel like it, eberyone jams out a few tunes with peole the don't play with usually and stick something together for that evening? most importantly anyone of any standard is welcome even if you were just thinking about starting to play. A love of the music is the only prerequisite it think :wink:
pinkgary

Post by pinkgary »

Sounds good.

This one :

http://www.groupaccommodation.com/ga-ma ... ?adId=1859

says group dining of 50 people. That would surely mean we could put gigs on in the dining room of an evening. You can't have group dining for 50 people in a small room can you?
Keep music Evil