gypsy jazz guitar lessons

The first thirty years are the worst

Moderators: Zoot, Teddy Dupont

Post Reply
stublag
Moderator
Posts: 811
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:34 pm
Location: london
Contact:

gypsy jazz guitar lessons

Post by stublag »

Hi all
Just to let you know--from next month i'll be offering lessons in Gypsy jazz guitar for all those interested.
I'm no Bireli,Angelo or Matcho but i'll happily share what i've learned from first hand experience with the 'maestros' of the style----i'll be offering lessons in Brazilian and Classical guitar as well
Please contact me by private message if interested.

PS-i await your call Teddy ;-)


Stu
devinci
Posts: 396
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2004 8:56 pm
Location: West London

Post by devinci »

I've learnt loads from Stu over the last year, just by being in his company and jamming etc, he is a veritable encyclopidia of guitaristic knowage and is a great gypsy jazz player with a total grasp of its techniques. Highly recommended.
User avatar
Thrip
Posts: 923
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 12:45 pm
Location: West London
Contact:

Post by Thrip »

I'll second that.
User avatar
justjack
Mad For It
Posts: 1855
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 10:40 pm
Location: Western Mass
Contact:

Post by justjack »

Stu,

You ought to record this stuff, so I can do it as a correspondence course; the commute's a bit of a haul.

Seriously.
Jack.
Galli
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:55 pm

Post by Galli »

Stu,

Great idea! Can you let us hear something of you playing gypsyjazz, post an MP3 or something, or is there a website with soundclips?

thanks
stublag
Moderator
Posts: 811
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:34 pm
Location: london
Contact:

Post by stublag »

justjack wrote:Stu,

You ought to record this stuff, so I can do it as a correspondence course; the commute's a bit of a haul.

Seriously.
Jack.
Bless you guys
i'm lucky to count Thrip and Robin Katz (DE Vinci) as true and talented friends.

Its so sad that you american guys are so distant;your enthusiasm is inspiring---we could do with you over here :-)
Stu
User avatar
Teddy Dupont
Moderator
Posts: 2038
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 11:27 am
Location: Dupont Towers
Contact:

Re: gypsy jazz guitar lessons

Post by Teddy Dupont »

stublag wrote: PS-i await your call Teddy ;-)


Stu
Sorry Stu. I'm not giving lessons anymore.
User avatar
Teddy Dupont
Moderator
Posts: 2038
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 11:27 am
Location: Dupont Towers
Contact:

Post by Teddy Dupont »

Thrip wrote:I'll second that.
That's a big ball you've got there Thrip.
User avatar
Thrip
Posts: 923
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 12:45 pm
Location: West London
Contact:

Post by Thrip »

Teddy Dupont wrote: That's a big ball you've got there Thrip.
And I didn't know you cared :D
bbwood_98
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2004 3:47 pm
Location: NYC

lessons

Post by bbwood_98 »

Stu,
The correspondance idea is quite good! I'd take some as well (and yeah, the commute is a bit of a pain) . . . . I learned a lot playing with you in france this year . . .
See you next time
Cheers,
B.
gadgee
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2004 12:35 pm
Location: Tavistock, Devon

Gypsy jazz lessons

Post by gadgee »

Hi Stu Im interested in some lessons but haven't been able to work out where you are - UK, USA, France??? If you are UK basesd it may be possible.
stublag
Moderator
Posts: 811
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:34 pm
Location: london
Contact:

Re: Gypsy jazz lessons

Post by stublag »

gadgee wrote:Hi Stu Im interested in some lessons but haven't been able to work out where you are - UK, USA, France??? If you are UK basesd it may be possible.

Hi Gadgee
I'm in London
Send me a private message!!
Best
Stu
User avatar
emicad
Posts: 803
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:56 am
Location: Rome - Italy
Contact:

Re: gypsy jazz guitar lessons

Post by emicad »

stublag wrote:Hi all
Just to let you know--from next month i'll be offering lessons in Gypsy jazz guitar for all those interested.
I'm no Bireli,Angelo or Matcho but i'll happily share what i've learned from first hand experience with the 'maestros' of the style----i'll be offering lessons in Brazilian and Classical guitar as well
Please contact me by private message if interested.

PS-i await your call Teddy ;-)


Stu
I'm i Italy, it's a problem for you? We can do all by net
:lol:
Justin Igma
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:16 pm

Re: gypsy jazz guitar lessons

Post by Justin Igma »

Hi

I am interested in lessons. I live in North London.

Please let me know if you are available.

Much Gratitude

Justin
Post Reply